About Block 16 Architects & Urbanists
Experienced Architects in Austin, Texas
Our Mission is to collaborate with our clients, surpass their expectations, and create quality architectural design with our experience and ingenuity. With this in mind, we approach each project as both a challenge and an opportunity.
Block 16 Architects & Urbanists is a full service architecture and land planning firm with a broad range of project type experience and professional architectural services across Austin, Texas.
Behind the physical structure that results from the effort is a design process that is replete with expectations, rules, regulations and time and budget constraints. It is the architect’s role to take this vast volume of conditions, which at times compete and conflict with each other, and produce a product that meets or exceeds client expectations. This process requires clear and concise communication and skilled problem-solving.
- Able to effectively produce and manage small and large/complex projects through the leadership provided by the Principals who have decades of experience ranging from residential to large multi-million dollar shopping malls, hotels and office buildings.
- Our Principals have decades of experience not only in architecture, but also in the public sector, construction and real estate development. This offers an advantage to our clients in being able to see the entire project - “The Big Picture” from multiple facets.
- Our size enables us to have a close one-on-one working relationship with each of our clients. When needed, we have allied relationships with other firms for additional expertise and/or assistance in meeting project schedules.
- Our cumulative decades of practice and experience engenders a practical knowledge base that enables us to develop very attractive design solutions that are efficient, practical and cost-effective.
- We are a passionate group that cares about how our design solutions contribute to the landscape of our community and how well they satisfy the expectations of our clients be they aesthetics, level of service, functionality or cost effectiveness.
PROJECT TYPE EXPERIENCE:
- Retail centers
- Retail finish out
- Shopping malls / lifestyle centers
- Hotel / Motel
- Condominiums & Lofts
- Senior Housing
- Religious buildings
- Custom homes
- Homebuilder residential
- Residential remodels and additions
- Assisted living & nursing home
- Educational & university buildings
- Parking facilities
- New urbanist communities
- Urban infill development
- Mixed use development
- Automotive buildings
- Warehouse & Distribution Centers
- Data Centers